Is there a protein powder without taste?
Many people would like to use protein powder with certain flavors such as chocolate, fruits, vegetables, almonds, vanilla, etc. However, there are also a lot of people who want to serve with protein powder with no flavor as they can easily mix them with different flavored-ingredients.
Today you want to drink strawberry smoothy, tomorrow you like a cup of hot chocolate, and the day after tomorrow you love to drink vanilla? It is simple. Let us show you the best unflavored protein powders on the market at present.
Best Unflavored Protein Powder
1. BulkSupplements – Whey Protein Powder Isolate 90%
This protein powder holds up to 90% whey protein and branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) that are responsible for constructing muscles, building and balancing your lean body mass as well as burning fat effectively.
Additionally, high-quality ingredients also help to reduce post-workout stress and maintain muscle tissue to allow you to join the gym harder and accelerate the result.
Perhaps some consumers try to avoid soy in the product, but it is relatively protein-rich without artificial ingredients, gluten, yeast, and corn. Especially relevant, it is very low in carb and fat, even though it is a whey protein isolate powder.
Lastly, this product dissolves easily in fluid and is appropriate for bodybuilders of both genders.
- Easy to mix
- No artificial ingredients
- Transparent labeling
- Include soy
- No spoon included
2. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Powder – model number 1085773
Although the product is low in other nutrient substances, it contains three types of whey (whey protein isolate, whey concentrate, and whey peptides) for superior protein provision. Therefore, apart from protein, you can have potential health benefits such as CLA and phospholipids, fast absorption.
Thanks to lecithin, the powder is likely to mix well with any liquids by shaking or stirring for quick preparation and consumption.
On top of that, you can enjoy this safe and clean macronutrient supplement both before and after workouts to enhance strength, construct muscle, and improve exercise results.
- Low price
- Include up to three kinds of whey and digestion enzymes
- Easy to mix
- Quick nutrition supplement
- Low in carbs, fat, and calories
- There are artificial sweeteners, lecithin, and soy
- Ingredients label lacks info
- Strong aftertaste
3. Isopure 100% Whey Protein Isolate – model number: 1062115
This is a non-carb protein powder and friendly to keto diets. Basically, it is a mixture of not only organic but also synthetic flavors, along with critical vitamins and nutrients, soy lectin, and xanthan gum.
The proper ingredients consist of pure Whey Protein Isolate, vitamins, and blended minerals without Lactose and Gluten for smooth digestion. At its best, the Isopure powder can be an excellent alternative to half of your daily nutrients and vitamins intake.
Furthermore, it can combine well with many other foods such as drinks, cold foods, and so on for delicious meals.
Anyone can use this product to develop muscles and reduce fat without fear of allergens. Therefore, if you do not avoid soy, you can use it freely.
- Highly nutritious
- Free from lactose, gluten, sugar, and acesulfame potassium
- Zero carb
- There are artificial sweeteners and flavors
- Low-fat content
- Contain soy
- Not taste good
4. TGS 100% Whey Protein Powder
Although the powder merely consists of two ingredients – whey protein concentrate and sunflower lecithin, it is not suitable for vegans.
For your safety, Unflavored TGS Whey Protein Powder is free from rBGH growth hormones, soy, GMO, gluten, preservatives, fillers, and additives like artificial colors and sweeteners. Neither bleach nor acid is there throughout the processing.
Also, made of pure Whey Protein, this product can aid you to build up and strengthen the muscles of either gender. With such a high in protein, branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), and glutamine yet low in carbohydrates and calories formula, you can recover your muscles and lose weight at ease.
If you love unflavored protein powders that can go with any other powder, milk, chocolate, juice, and water for various meals, this product is a wise choice.
- Lean muscle building support
- Burning fat fast
- Easy to mix with other substances without lumps
- There is no GMO, gluten, soy, or rBGH growth hormone
- All-natural formula
- Not so tasty, especially when taken alone
- Ordinary product without any outstanding points
- Inferior Whey protein quality
5. Unflavored Grass-Fed Pure Whey Protein Powder
This is a premium-quality whey protein powder. In addition to being unflavored, the product includes no preservatives, food dye, or sweetener (even sugar), too.
You can easily mix it with other beverages, powder, and topping for better taste. Making shakes, smoothies, baking mixes, or stirring into oats are good ideas for a delicious post-workout meal.
The powder is well-prepared with low-temperature handling, which is very appropriate for the human body.
With a single serving, consumers can absorb 27 grams of protein. And above all, it can promote your muscle strength and energy dramatically.
- Drink immediately
- Better nutrient per serving (25 gr protein, 1 gr sugar, 5.9 gr BCAAs each)
- All-natural soy, corn, non-gluten, GMO-free
- Free from artificial, hormones, chemical bleaching, and additives
- Formula appropriate for not only professional athletes but also everyone
- Effectively improve lean muscle, fat loss, and hunger control
- Rather pricey
- Difficult to melt
- Bad aftertaste
6. Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein – model number: WNAT
In our opinion, this is solely a medium protein powder, which is only suitable for those trying to lose weight and tone up.
The pros are that this product is rich in whey protein concentrate and low in fat, calories as well as carbohydrates. There is no artificial flavor, color, sweetener, rBST hormone, gluten, nuts, wheat, egg, or fish included in the ingredients.
Besides, it is filtered carefully to decrease lactose and carbohydrates. There are both BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) and kinds of amino acids (e.g., glutamine).
Nonetheless, you should note that it consists of milk and soy and is not perfect for building mass muscles.
You can mix this unflavored protein powder up without effort, but a blender or a shaker will bring about a smooth and excellent consistency. Although the aftertaste is not strong, its taste is not really pleasant and requires some more flavors.
- Easy to use
- Low carb, fat, and calories content, which is suitable for weight loss or keeping fit
- Low in lactose and carbohydrates
- Free from hormone, artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors
- Contain up to three types of branched-chain amino acids (Isoleucine, Leucine, and Valine)
- Inferior taste
- No bodybuilding support
- May be uncomfortable for stomach (side effects)
7. Bulletproof Collagen Protein Powder
The only ingredient in this all-natural Collagen Protein Powder is hydrolyzed collagen powder, which is made from cows raised on pastures.
Use this product frequently, and you will find yourself with youthful and radiant skin apart from healthier and more energetic joints. As it will not break down because of high temperature, consumers can enjoy the maximum potential nutrition.
When it comes to blending this unflavored protein powder, we would like to mix it with smoothies and coffee. It will dissolve entirely instead of being chalky or clumping like other products. It will deliver a smooth, tasteless, and odor-free drink.
A two-spoon serving includes 70 calories and 20 grams of hydrolyzed collagen.
- Easy to mix with hot and cold drinks or other ingredients
- Each serving includes more than 20 grams of hydrolyzed collagen
- Supply up to 18 amino acids
- Improve nails, hair, skin in addition to joint and bone health
- Stimulate your body to generate more collagen
- Well-balanced macronutrient distribution
- Especially perfect for ketogenic dieters.
- Too small package.
- Low protein content.
- High cost.
- Nearly only available in the United States of America
The Best Choice for Unflavored protein powder
From the above reviews about the top-quality products in the market, we should find out the king of unflavored protein powder. Since each type of powder will have its own pros and cons, we should set some factors as key considerations.
So what are the most searched elements in an unflavored protein powder? Of course, we value its protein content and mixability with other ingredients the most. In this case, Unflavored Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder is our winner.
It may not contain much vitamin, mineral, collagen, but it is rich in protein, excellent for bodybuilding as well as weight loss, easy for use and absorption, versatile to mix with other things. Last but not least, thanks to its affordable price and safe ingredients, any protein consumer can enjoy this nutritious unflavored protein powder comfortably.
This product offers what most of us look for in protein powder in a nearly perfect way that hardly any other product can do.
What can you mix with unflavored protein powder?
Unlike other flavored protein powder, unflavored products are much easier to mix with numerous ingredients. Here, we will provide you with some good options to have delicious meals!
How you should sweeten your protein powder
If you want to lose weight faster or have high blood sugar, you should not sweeten your shake. However, if you can, sweetening your protein powders by yourself is great. You can avoid any artificial sweeteners that you dislike, such as acesulfame potassium.
Sucralose, processed stevia, and erythritol are advised choices. In spite of their ‘artificial’ sources, they are fine low-carb options in certain moderation. If you want something completely ‘natural’, you can use fruits, agave, leaves of stevia concentrate (it is quite bitter), coconut sugar, honey, or syrup.
Give your unflavored protein powder some flavors
Just with basic knowledge about some types of ingredients, you will be able to make any of your preferable flavor of protein powder. But if you have not known much about them yet, here we will give you a long list of both natural and synthetic flavors that we have tried and found tasty:
- Natural vanilla, cocoa
- Cinnamon and other spices
- Natural vanilla essence
- Natural chai spice
- Freeze-dried ground strawberry
- Ground banana
- Lemon juice or lemon peel (or orange oil or orange zest)
- Natural coconut essence
- Natural ground coffee
- Other natural alternatives for natural ground coffee (for example, natural ground chicory)
- Natural peanut butter powder (this also adds more protein for your original powder)
- Natural almond essence
Although we all know that natural ingredients are better for health, you may want to bring about some fantastic tastes from synthetic flavors to your protein powder shake. If you want some recommended recipes, here they are:
- Your original unflavoured protein powder + your favorite sweetener + processed vanilla essence = vanilla protein powder
- Your original unflavoured protein powder + your favorite sweetener + chocolate = chocolate protein powder
- Your original unflavoured protein powder + your favorite sweetener + instant ground coffee or coffee essence + processed vanilla essence = latte protein powder
- Your original unflavoured protein powder + your favorite sweetener + instant powdered coffee or coffee essence + cocoa powder + processed vanilla essence= mocha protein powder
- Your original unflavoured protein powder + your favorite sweetener + processed vanilla essence + synthetic banana powder or banana flavoring = banana protein powder
- Your original unflavoured protein powder + your favorite sweetener + synthetic strawberry flavoring = strawberry protein powder
- Your original unflavoured protein powder + your favorite sweetener + chicory powder = a somewhat malty-tasting protein powder!
So we have provided you with all the information you need when buying and using tasteless protein powders. We are sure that you will no longer have to be confused and can find the best tasteless protein powder for yourself.
You can also rely on our recipes or make your own choices. Anyway, it is okay if you make sure to understand the ingredients and nutritional content.
Do not hesitate to ask us if you still have any questions about this topic.
Thanks for reading!