What is the best solution for those wanting to build a home gym right in their small condo? A set of adjustable dumbbells is our suggestion.
- Protein Shake Before or After Workout 2019: You Need Know
- 15 Best Waist Trainer For Weight Loss For Men, Women 2019
- The 10+ Best Rowing Machine For Home Reviews 2019
- Best Adjustable Weight Benches for Home 2019: Ultimate Guide
- 20+ Best Protein Powder For Weight Loss And Meal Replacement
- Review of Proform ZT6 Treadmill: Is It Worth Your Money?
- Elliptical vs Treadmill: Which is Best Choice for Fitness?
- PowerBlock Elite Dumbbells Review: 50 to 90
Instead of packing your house with over 30 individual weights, why not purchase only a pair of high-quality dumbbells? Not only is it space-efficient, but it also saves you a lot of money.
The Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbells are the advanced version of the SelectTech 552. If you have ever experienced the Bowflex SelectTech 552, then you will partly see how great the SelectTech 1090 is.
Otherwise, Nogii will break it down for you. Nogii hope that you will find some useful information in the post below.
Bowflex Dumbbells 1090 Review: Something You Need To Know
The Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbells are the best choice for all workout styles and goals, especially experienced weightlifters, for a good reason. Let’s see what they have to offer!
Bowflex built their SelectTech 1090 model with the experienced lifers in mind. The wide weight range from 10 to 90 pounds will excite any super strong athletes.
You can adjust in exact 5-pound increments to work with up to 17 different weight settings. It is also a minor difference between the Bowflex 1090 Adjustable Dumbbells and the SelectTech 552.
The SelectTech 552 is adjustable in 2.5 lb increments. Some might think that because the smaller the increments are, the more versatile the dumbbells are, you should go for the 552. It is not completely true in this case, though.
You can adjust the 552 in 2.5 lb increments, but only up to the first 25 lbs. Once you’ve passed the 25-pound mark, it increases by 5 lbs – the same as the SelectTech 1090 model.
A lot of high-weight-range adjustable units allow you to adjust in 2.5 increments at any point in their weight range. However, weightlifting veterans who often work on the heavier side will not take advantage of them at all.
Not to mention that the SelectTech 1090 has two more weight settings than its younger brother.
Total Body Results
The wider weight range of the SelectTech 1090 allows me to do a ton of exercises of all levels. From the light ones like raises and curls to heavier ones like lunges and shrugs, as long as you work out regularly, you can master them.
Some home gym workouts with this set are curls for sculpted arms, squats toning your thighs, and crunches for abs flattening, and bench presses building chest muscles.
No matter what kind of exercises you are into, the Bowflex 1090 adjustable dumbbells can satisfy your interests.
NOTE: Have the stand eliminate any risks of lower back injury.
Like the Bowflex’s older version, the SelectTech 1090 adjustable dumbbells also come with the brand’s signature dial system. You can easily twist the dial to adjust the weight from 10 to 90 pounds without any tools required.
This system is easy to use. Supposed that you want to choose a 70-lb weight setting, all you have to do is to switch the dial at each dumbbell’s end to 70 lbs.
These brackets inside the handle will quickly catch the essential weight plates to make 70 lbs. Are you ready to rock? It’s high time to pull the dumbbells out of their rack!
What if you want to take your workout to the next level – 90 lbs for example? Push your dumbbells back into their cradle, switch the dials to 90 lbs, and then pull them back out. Now you have had 90 lbs of weight plates attached.
Nothing can be simpler than that!
The Bowflex SelectTech 1090 adjustable dumbbells are full of contradiction.
Though the 18-inch length makes them the longest adjustable dumbbells, they can replace 17 sets of traditional weights. It means that storage is not an issue.
Additionally, professionals find the 1090’s bulky size interesting and challenging while starters have a hard time getting used to it.
Fortunately, what the 1090 dumbbells lack in its size, they make up for in the smooth lift-off. Bowflex specially crafted their products with a contoured rubber handle and sturdy molding around metal weight plates for a secure grip.
No matter how clammy your hands are, you can take your exercises to the next level every time!
Your purchase will come with a free workout DVD. Not only does it make your workout programs varied but it also helps you correctly and effectively target specific muscle groups.
As a plus, lifters can download the Bowflex SelectTech App for their strength training journal. Also, you can build your own customized workout plans.
Start your bodybuilding journey with the “Secrets of the four-step Rep” on the workout DVD. Then, you can make it more challenging with a heavy-duty workout for hard-to-tone body parts.
Creating your own exercises is not a bad idea.
Instead of buying 34 traditional weights, now you can save up to $490 by investing in a set of the Bowflex SelectTech 1090 dumbbells.
The Bowflex SelectTech 1090 adjustable dumbbells come with a 3-year warranty on weight plates and parts. That way, you can enjoy maximum fitness benefit with them for 3 years to come.
Moreover, Bowflex also offers a 6-week money back guarantee. Within 6 weeks after your purchase, you can get a 100% refund after sending these dumbbells back for any reason.
And that’s what I like most about this product. You can try these adjustable dumbbells out for up to 6 weeks without worrying about refunding if they didn’t meet your expectation.
- Weight Range: 10 to 90 pounds (4.5 to 40.8kg) for each dumbbell
- 17 Weight Settings: 90, 85, 80, 75, 70, 65, 60, 55, 50, 45, 40, 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, and 10 pounds
- Maximum Number of Exercises Available: More than 30
- Dimensions: 10″ x 10″ x 17.5″ (H x W x L) (25.4 x 25.4 x 44.5cm) each dumbbell
What Do I Like About These Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbells?
- Incredibly user-friendly and durable design: Easy to assemble. Sturdy molding around metal plates for a secure grip and a smooth lift-off.
- Reliable: Best-selling exercise & fitness dumbbells on the market with more than 90% positive user rating.
- You can adjust the weight to switch from one exercise to another with ease.
- Convenient: A unique dial-a-weight adjustment system combines 17 individual sets of weights into one.
- Space-saving and cost-effective: It saves you much more space and money compared to buying 34 weights.
- Versatile: Adjustable in exact 5-lb increments at any points of the weight range.
– Money-back satisfaction guarantee: Come with a 6-week Fitness Results Guarantee and a solid 3-year warranty on weight plates and parts by the manufacturer.
– My purchase came with a free workout DVD
- Compatible with the free Bowflex SelectTech® training App for Android and iOS for your strength training journal.
What Don’t I Like?
- Not pocket-friendly
- It would be much better if they use metal to make the molding instead of hard plastic
- It might take beginners a few weeks to get used to the bulky size of the Bowflex 1090 adjustable dumbbells
- The weight plates sometimes fall out during your workout
- Weight brackets are prone to scratch and damage if you drop it too much
Because they embedded the complex dial-a-weight system and bracket in the 1090 set, these adjustable dumbbells are not as durable as other traditional models. That’s the major drawback of this model.
However, as long as you avoid dropping them, they give you the most bang for your buck.
Should You Purchase These Bowflex SelectTech 1090?
Now you have gone through my Bowflex Dumbbells 1090 review. Can you see why it is popular at any home gyms?
They have a quick-turn dial adjustment system to easily change the weight from 10 to 90 pounds on each unit. And those often exercising on the heavier side (at least 50 pounds) can fully take advantage of this set.
How much do Nogii love these SelectTech 1090 adjustable dumbbells by Bowflex? Nogii rate them 8.5 out of 10 for their user-friendliness, cost-effectiveness, space-efficiency, and wide weight range.
Do you agree with me? Let me know your opinion in the comment box below!