Currently, in the market of protein powder, chocolate-flavored products are always one of the most popular choices. However, as you know, not all of them have a delicious taste and excellent quality.
In this article, we will provide you with interesting facts about chocolate protein powder and the best products you should use.
Scroll down to learn!
Best chocolate protein powder
1. OPTIMUM NUTRITION Protein Powder
Look at the product image above; most of you here must have realized it. OPTIMUM NUTRITION Protein Powder is among the most searched name when consumers seek for protein powder.
There are numerous nutrition-rich substances in its ingredients such as whey protein, amino acids, types of vitamins and minerals, etc. Hence, merely taking a cup of this nutritious chocolate protein powder can give you everything you need for one or even two meals.
Plus, it has not only an excellent flavor but also quality ingredients proven to be good for your muscles. That is why it is especially ideal for people who are taking the gym or want to lose weight.
Say goodbye to your fatty belly and hello to the robust muscles of gym-ers!
- Easy to dissolve and mix with anything just by shaking.
- Multiple usage times: You can use it in the morning, before or after exercise.
- The amino acids in whey protein help to speed up the process of muscle protein synthesis.
- Appropriate for low carb diet, bodybuilding, keeping fit, and weightlifting.
- The new formula adds sucralose – an artificial sweetener, so it may taste too sweet for many people.
- If you do not drink while it is still hot, the taste may become weird.
2. Isopure – 100% Whey Protein Isolate
This is a wonderful low-price protein powder for low-carb diet and fitness. Whether you are a bodybuilder or just an aged person, this powder will help you to recover and build muscles effectively.
Once you drink this, you will immediately feel recovered even when you are exhausted. It is not strange when you can even double your usual workout intensity once you consume this protein powder for a long time.
However, you should not take too much in a dose as it consists of many artificial ingredients and sweetener. Overconsuming iron in this product can also poison children under 6.
We recommend adult consumers to take approximately a 2-scoop serving per day. And it should be the maximum.
- Extremely cheap.
- Build and recover your muscles effectively for both hard exerciser and older people.
- Bonus mineral and protein for a healthy diet and exercise program.
- Support weight management by keeping consumers feeling full between meals.
- No lactose, gluten, or any other impurities included.
- It does not taste well, perhaps somewhat salty.
- There is an artificial sweetener – sucralose (a.k.a Splenda) in the ingredients. This has impacts on the insulin responses, blood sugar levels as well as healthy gut bacteria.
- There are artificial flavoring and some synthetic food dye, which are harmful to the human body.
3. Pure Protein Whey Powder – Rich Chocolate
This is another bargain for its cheap cost. The powder comes with a rich chocolate flavor, which is very easy to drink by any age.
Moreover, athletics or exercisers will love it for the pure protein they can consume. You will feel like you have a delicious energy drink that increases your strength dramatically.
The product is versatile to blend with other types of powder or drink like milk, fruit, yogurt, and many more.
- Low price
- Critical amino acids support lean muscle and strength in combination with a low-carb diet and exercise plan.
- Pure protein helps to build your muscles and strength apart from dexterity.
- Give you more energy after a hard-working day or before going to the gym.
- It is not creamy. In fact, it hardly dissolves and foams too much when you shake or mix it.
- There are artificial sweeteners.
4. FitMiss Delight Protein Powder – Healthy Nutritional Shake for Women
FitMiss Delight is a reputable brand specific to women’s protein shake. The taste is good, so you can have a delicious and rich-nutrient meal that makes you full for hours.
You can drink a cup of FitMiss Delight protein powder mixed with milk as a snack or sub-meal in the middle of the day to supply your body with energy.
However, it is recommended for overweight women rather than men who are building their bodies. It may still work for other groups of people but not as well as other types of protein powder.
- ingredients are premium and safe for losing weight, develop, and recover muscle massively.
- There is a vegetable-based protein called Solathin that helps users to control appetite control and decrease fat.
- A perfect mixture of vegetables and fruits optimizes your digestive enzymes.
- Bonus vitamins, in combination with kinds of minerals, make you feel more energetic.
- There is no Gluten, so the product is low in carbs.
- It includes milk and soy that are naturally good for women.
- Reasonable price
- Only suitable for healthy adults who are more than 18 years old.
- It may be harmful to sick people, pregnant women, and children, especially those who are taking medicine.
- High in caffeine.
- Taste is somewhat too sweet.
5. Amazing Grass Protein Superfood
This is a very healthy protein powder for people who love vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Although it has added a chocolate peanut butter flavor, the vast quantity of different plants and substances in its ingredients create confusing smells.
However, it is perfect for health without artificial sweeteners or food dyes. You and your kids can drink this without restriction to minimize the amount of fat and improve your health.
- High dose of minerals, especially calcium and iron.
- Relatively low carb (mostly fiber) and sufficient protein for vegan.
- Excellent macro split.
- Easier to mix with pure water.
- The product is at a high price range.
- Plant-smell is quite uncomfortable.
- No digestive enzymes or probiotic bacteria for better nutrient absorption.
- There are not many vitamins.
6.Sunwarrior – Raw Vegan Protein Powder Model FID42534
This plant-based chocolate protein powder is USDA Certified Organic. It provides a creamy and delicious drink for an extra smooth boost that any dynamic people need!
You can blend or shake this with most beverages such as superfoods, milk, water, spices, ice, boosters, and so on. Anyway, it is highly digestible and nutritious.
Raw proteins extracted from natural plants together with a wide range of amino acids are perfect for any people. No matter you are young or old, man or woman, sports players, or gymnastics, Sunwarrior Powder is always a wise choice.
- Easy to dissolve. Just need to shake or blend with water or milk for a workout supplement or a snack.
- Rich in BCAA’s and MCT’s
- Low carb
- Contain a high dose of iron
- Organic and natural ingredients that are non-GMO and soy-free.
- Versatile to mix with many things.
- Boring taste.
- Somewhat pricey
- There are some nuts
- Lack of nutrition info
7. Ora Organic Vegan Protein Powder – model number 856720007009
While most protein powder make consumers feel bloated and indigestible, Ora Organic Vegan Protein Powder has a lot of digestive enzymes in it. So you can drink a little more than usual and mix with many other drinks freely.
All ingredients make an excellent combination to help your body rebuild and develop healthy muscle tissue, enhance cardiovascular health, and heal faster from the inside out.
With the variety of digestive enzymes that these superfoods provide, it helps your body process and make proteins into essential amino acids.
Because of the extremely low carb, the product is also advantageous for keto eaters and people who wish to keep fit.
Nonetheless, you will feel the powder still sticking to the roof of the mouth because it is quite hard to dissolve in liquids.
- Various types of plants, berries, seeds, and grains combined together perfectly result in perfect tastes.
- All ingredients are organic and natural, so that consumers do not have to worry about harmful chemicals.
- This protein powder is versatile to mix with any beverage.
- Very easy to digest and absorb nutrition, which is very suitable for people with weak digestive systems.
- Top price protein powder.
- Inferior amount of amino acids in comparison with other powder.
- Hard to dissolve completely.
FAQs about chocolate protein powder
Does chocolate protein powder have caffeine?
Some products have, and some do not. But most types of chocolate protein powder should have caffeine in their ingredients.
Indeed, chocolate naturally has a certain amount of this substance. However, a little amount of caffeine is not too serious, so there is no need for you to worry about this issue.
Is chocolate protein powder good for losing weight?
Some products contain too much sugar (especially those with artificial sweeteners), which will even make you fatter and even become obese. However, there are many products designed for weight loss like FitMiss.
These low-carb protein powder will make you feel full longer and lose appetite so that you will eat less. In addition, they also boost your metabolism since protein digestion, and utilization cost you a lot of calories.
At present, researchers discover that the top nine types of protein that help consumers lose weight are:
- Coffee-Flavored Protein
- Protein Fortified With Fiber
- Whey Protein
- Egg White Protein
- Casein Protein
- Pea Protein
- Soy Protein
- Rice Protein
- Hemp Protein
You need to read the product information labels to know what they provide, what are their ingredients and usage. Commonly, plant-based chocolate protein powder should support weight loss.
What can you mix with chocolate protein powder to make it taste better?
Usually, we can mix chocolate protein powder with water or types of animal milk, such as cow milk (or goat milk).
Some unique recipes may contain several fruits, such as banana, strawberry. Or if you want to make smoothies, we also suggest some other tasty flavors such as:
- Peanut butter
- Lemon balm
- Almond vanilla
- More chocolate (cocoa powder, dark or white chocolate chips)
- And many more.
If you are a mastery cook, you can even combine your chocolate protein powder with other ingredients to make a delicious cake!
This may depend on individual opinion and experience. However, we do not really recommend you to try weird recipes when you have not mastered the beverage and cook. They are likely to smell and taste bad.
Our best choice for chocolate protein powder
Overall, the champion in types of chocolate protein powder is OPTIMUM NUTRITION GOLD STANDARD 100% Whey Protein Powder – Double Rich Chocolate. Why do we vote them as the best? Why do millions of customers are using it?
Despite its rather high price, the powder gives the juiciest chocolate taste and supplies many nutritions at a reasonable proportion such as protein, vitamin, mineral, amino acids, etc.
Furthermore, the premium-quality ingredients contained in this powder are ideal for bodybuilding, overall health improvement, digestion, and weight loss.
Last but not least, it is easy to dissolve and mix with a lot of beverages yet drinkable.
You must have gathered enough necessary information about kinds of chocolate protein powder and known which is the best choice for you, right?
If you have any questions or feedbacks, please leave them in the comment section below.
Thanks for reading!