Jump rope is among the most efficient sports equipment for people who work out. However, choosing the best one might be challenging as there are tons of different skipping rope products available on websites.
Let us do it for you!
After undergoing research in 10 skipping rope models, we – Nogii team – has selected top 5 best jump ropes that would surprise you by their noticeable features. Also, we added some tips to help you make the right purchase and improve your workout process.
Glide down and read this review now!
Top 5 Best Jump Rope Reviews 2019
Weighted by Pulse (1LB)
- Easily adjustable jump rope and understandable instructions
- Smooth movement and tangle free jumping experience
- Memory foam handles provide extra comfort while also keeping your palm dry, offering a steady grasp and can be removable.
- Cardio training, jumping exercise, skipping, fitness workouts can use this jump rope.
WOD Nation Speed
- Fast spin with patented four bearings system
- Stable rope swings aid in workout
- Adjustable jump rope for double unders
- Endurable for a long time.
- Convenient carrying bag included
- Quickly changeable cable for any height ( MAX 5’8 FOOT )
- Jumping ropes are weighted enough to give individuals better control
- Great for professionals
- Well designed for both men and women.
Fitness Factor Adjustable
- Smooth and fast jumps with tangle-resistant rope and ball-bearing handle
- Lightweight design and memory foam handles offer a comfortable exercise
- Easy to adjust and nicely fit for men and women, all types of people from children to adults and any workout
- 100% Lifetime Warranty
- Comfort foam handles with super-speed ball bearings
- Flexible length
- A well-known favorite for men in Boxing, MMA, and Cross Training
- Workout VIDEO and 2 Instructional Ebooks included.
Weighted by Pulse (1LB)
- Great jump rope for Boxing and Martial Arts
- Easy to understand instructions
- Removable caps help adjust the weight of the rope
- Comfortable handles to hold and grip
- Burn over 1000 calories per hour
- Not for users who don’t like weighted handles
Weighted Jump Rope by Pulse (1LB) is the best overall jump rope for a variety kind of exercises such as fitness workout, cardio training, jumping exercises, etc.
Its adjustable features enables users to experience the rope in a suitable length with a very clear instructions. More importantly, the customer service really takes care of every problems that each user have, which is a plus point of their 100% quality warranty.
The only thing that not all the customer like about this product is its weighted handle and tangled jump rope.
WOD Nation Speed
- The jump rope is significantly fast and smooth with the ball bearings and extra cable
- Excellent jump rope for single, double and triple unders
- Sizing the rope quickly within seconds
- Solid build and necessary accessories with a spare string and all the replacement hardware.
- Best for a cardio workout
- The rope handles are a little bit heavy, which is slightly hard to control
One thing that we completely satisfy with the WOD Nation Speed Jump Rope is its professional customer service.
The company cares about its products and customers. Especially impressive is that this company always tries to respond and provide the most appropriate warranty with customers.
Another plus is its fast movement and necessary accessories which help the workout process way easier. It also has enough weight to give users a momentum on the swings.
However, this speed jump rope is not perfect for beginners who are somewhat new to jump roping. They will surely get spanked by themselves, and it hurts pretty hard if they miss a step while jumping.
- The length adjustment works great
- Affordable price
- Great weighted handles for a better control
- Very durable
- It is not recommended for people who like speed jumping rope.
SPORTBIT Jump Rope 9’ is the cheapest one among these five skipping ropes. The price is truly a steal but also covered with good quality.
As SPORTBIT is very easy to use, it is the best option for anyone who practices boxing and speed training, especially for beginners. The rope itself is a soft plastic material that has no core to it, so it is lightweight and can help users recover quickly when they don’t clear the rope.
On the other hand, this jump rope wouldn’t be the best choice for one who is six feet or taller. Those who are thriving for a speed rope which is available for double unders, may not like SPORTBIT.
Fitness Factor Adjustable
- Excellent customer service
- Pretty good durability on the concrete driveway
- Forward push enables users to jump and burn calories faster
- Easily adjust the length of the rope
- Comfortable foam handles
- The rope get twisted quickly after finishing jumping
One thing we love about Fitness Factor jump rope is the responsive seller. The customer service of the company is working well with great care about every problem of their customers.
Also, the package seems to be well-prepared with PT’s guide to jumping rope in good condition. The whole jump rope including the handles and the cord is entirely lightweight, which does a smoother performance while jumping
The only downside thing to consider is that this jump rope prefers single unders, which creates inconvenience for professionals.
- Easy to adjust jump rope
- Excellent rope for even beginners
- Fantastic addition to workout equipment and routine
- Durable material
- Smooth spins
- Get tangled quickly in feet
- Too lightweight for some people
One plus point for King Athletic jump rope is that this rope is a great starter “speed” rope. It’s not as fast as some of skipping ropes out there, but it’s not too slow by any means. Also, the quality is top notch!
The memory foam handles are very comfortable, and the ball bearings are super smooth. Moreover, it is not very likely that the grips will break or fly off like other old jump rope. Furthermore, the rope itself is very durable so users could use it literally on any surface.
When it comes to its drawbacks, this rope easily tangles and is difficult to untangle only after two minutes of jumping. For those who like weighted rope, it is not your #1 jump rope in your buying list.
Which You Need When Choosing a Jump Rope?
Length & Adjustability
The first thing to remember if you don’t want to buy a wrong jump rope is its length and adjustability. The handle of your rope should reach just about under your armpit. Also, the rope should come up to the top of the chest.
Another tip for choosing the length is that the jump rope should be 3 feet taller than you. For instance, if you are 5’9’’ then the rope should be about 8’9’’.
Always bear in mind that adjustable jumping rope is another important factor for workout people, especially for beginners. It’s certain that you can’t choose a perfect length from the start. So, just in case the rope doesn’t fit your height, you should buy an adjustable skipping rope.
The type of surface you are going to jump on the most is considered to be important when choosing a jump rope. Ask yourself: Is it going to be a cement pavement, a gym floor, or the floor inside your house?
Jump rope with steel cables offers good durability on the outdoor pavement. However, cords with plastic sleeve beads around a piece of string won’t be durable when you are jumping on a hard rough surface like concrete or brick.
Leather ropes, on the other hand, will have excellent durability in boxing gyms.
You should choose the types of cables that fit your workout skill level. If you’re a casual fitness jumper or beginners, the following cables will give you better control and get a better workout.
- Solid Core PVC
- 1/8″ PVC Coated
If jumping rope is an important part of your workout or warm up, these following cables can offer a greater speed during your hard workouts:
- 3/32″ Nylon Coated
- Non-Coated Bare Cable
- 3.2mm Outdoor Rated
On the other hand, if you are a professional athlete, these cables that boost your speed and control may help you:
- 3/32″ Nylon Coated
- Non-Coated Bare Cable
- Ultra Thin
The handles of a skipping rope are the final deciding factor that gives you better control of the jump rope.
Grips must be able to rotate around the rope with ease and comfort. For kids, you should buy the foam handles. For adults, plastic handles are just fine.
Various types of skipping ropes now have lightweights in the handles. You can easily adjust the most suitable weight of the handles for your workout routine.
Among five jump ropes, we consider WOD Nation speed jump rope to be the good jump rope because of its excellent customer service. Their customer’s problems is various and tough but they seem to be responsive and active to find out which ways to handle.
Besides, the WOD Nation speed jump rope has surprised us with its amazing features and extra accessories. The rope itself can be very easy to use and adjust, so users will be able to jump faster to burn up their calories.
How to jump rope workout?
- Step 1: Jump for 30 seconds straight. Rest for 60 seconds, then do another 30 seconds jump. Repeat 9 times.
- Step 2: Jump rope for 30 seconds straight while changing both of your feet, practicing shifting your weight back and forth and tightening your core. Rest for 90 seconds and then do this 4 more times.
- Step 3: Do 30 seconds of jumping rope, rest for only 12 seconds before doing 30 seconds of jumping. After that, rest for 12 seconds, and do 30 seconds of burpees. Rest once more and finish with 30 seconds of pushups.
What is the best jump rope for weight loss?
This RopeFit jump rope pick weighs up to 8 lbs, depending on which version you decide. RopeFit is made from poly Dacron rope, which is available in both 1.5’’ and 2’’ thickness and offer two length options.
People who are six feet and taller should choose the 10-foot rope. The 9-foot cord is possible for shorter people who are under six feet.
The extra weight, indeed, helps you burn up to 1,000 calories per hour to build strength and nudge you closer to your weight loss goals.
It is certain that the RopeFit is significantly more substantial than a regular jump rope, but that the extra weight required to swing it, ensuring a high-quality cardio workout that quickly builds muscle and burns your calories.
How long should I jump rope to get a good cardio workout?
To get a good cardio workout with the jump rope, setting your workout time depends on which levels you are reaching. If you are a beginner, start jumping rope at most 10 minutes a day.
If you are skilled, you can jump up to 30 minutes a day. When you are a professional athlete, there will be no time limit for your workout routine as you will be able to set your own time.
However, If you haven’t jumped for a long time, try to start over again by restarting a jump-rope workout for a few days. It may sound new, but you’ll learn how to get used to jump-rope workout back.
How much should I jump rope to lose weight?
How much you jump will also base on how many calories you wish to burn. If you want to burn 100-200 calories a day, a 10-minute workout will be your best time set.
If you wish to set a higher goal of 350 calories per day, then you should jump rope for 20 minutes. If you want to burn a large number of calories which is more than 500, then jump rope for at least 40 minutes.
Jumping for an hour at a fast pace will burn up to 750 calories. However, jumping for that long is hard and tough, and should only be practiced by professional athletes.
There are now thousands of different jump ropes, and choosing the best one may be hard for many people who workout. Nogii hope this top 5 best jump rope review would give you a better buying choice and help you purchase your dream jump rope!